Audio Suggestions - Stay stock or Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my front passenger speaker didn't fare well after I unhooked it - may have loosened a wire...bass makes it all gurgled

I have a Clarion headunit in my basement that I will have to pull the model number off to get you information on it (I think its 50w x 4 plus some other goodies)...

Anyways - Im debating if I want to stick with my stock set up and just replace the front speakers (along with instructions how... I looked at them - they look impossible) or replace the headunit too... I have never had much luck replacing headunits... I do not want to splice wires and I want the aftermarket stereo mount kit that will hold the stereo still.....

all my vehicles had broken parts and did not hold things well... hell my K5 Blazer it was held in with washcloths on the bottom so it would not slide...

I am assuming they make quick connect kits? I want to be able to go back to stock if needed and not have to worry about speaker wires getting spliced

1996 Tahoe 4DR - has separate CD player from the regular headunit

------------------------------

Guess what! I got energetic...

Clarion DXZ275MP

CD-R/RW ready
MP3 and WMA compatible with ID3-TAG display
18 FM/ 6 AM Presets
iPod control capability via optional EA1276
Z-Enhancer sound customization
MAGNA BASS EX dynamic bass enhancement
50W×4 Built-in Amplifier
Detachable control panel
High visibility single line display with Screensavers
Rotary Volume
Front panel 3.5mm Auxiliary Input
2ch/2V RCA Output CeNET Control of: DVD changer,TV Tuner, 6-Disc CD Changer, Satellite Receiver and iPod
OEM Steering Wheel Remote Ready
Bluetooth Interface Ready (Optional BLT370)

Last edited:

AlanHurd54

Reaction score
u only need the 70-1858 that the one that plus into your factory plug the 71-1858 is a replacement for a factory plug if someone had cut off the factory plug

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about speakers? Not looking to add an amp, just some decent replacements that will sound good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n