Are G5 tails worth $150 more than G4's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that doesn't even take into account getting Esky appliques so everything lines up right...

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the Escalade look without the hassles of resistors etc., then yes. With real Esky tails, you still need the appliques. The G5 is identical in look and function to the real thing, but does not suffer from your mirror signals being out of sync with the tail signal, there is no resistor or adapter to mount or worry about getting hot (true plug and play), and beyond those issues, they are at least that much cheaper than the real thing. Based on all that, I guess it's just a question of whether or not the factory parts are worth even more $$$ to you.

carbon//m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replicas over OEM any day!

Jk

hahaha.

in all seriousness though, i was debating about the G5's over OEM, but there is a reason why OEM cost more, i have an e46 m3 and i went oem over the aftermarket version, and mine are brighter, and none of the leds have gone out nor has the lense faded. (which is some of the issues that the guys who have aftermarket LED's our facing now 4 to 5 years later.) Just food for thought, plus Robbie can make the set up plug and play for you!

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I'm new so I have to ask who is Robbie and do you know the end price for a plug and play esky set?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get them? Was it really plug and play with no issues?

Got em on eBay. Took them off bc I'm selling my Tahoe. 300 shipped to anyone who wants em. Only had on for a few weeks and are pretty much new. No issues 100% plug and play no harnesses or resistors necessary. Pm me or email me at [email protected] if interested.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I'm new so I have to ask who is Robbie and do you know the end price for a plug and play esky set?

On eBay the esky tails go for about 300 per side. So that's 600 before you get the harnesses needed. SuperchargedSS makes harnesses for em and sells em. Pm him for more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700