Anyone use Freedom Off-Road UCAs? (2015 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxpsi

Reaction score
Same here. When i put them on my wifes ‘16 denali, pretty sure they gained that much or even a bit more. Had to take them back out and adjust them way down.
Yeah, it stinks you can't adjust them on the vehicle. Did you ever find a spanner wrench that would work for them?

When I was running the Fox 2.0 (0-2" adjustable coil overs), my front end ride height increased about +2.75 inches, using the pre-set +2 inches out-of-the-box as Fox states.
Very similar ride height increases as @15TahoeLT mentioned in post #5 of this thread.

How did you know the ball joints on the UCAs were wearing out?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go to Chevy dealer for my oil changes. My dealer usually does the quick MPVI checklist that covers a look at major suspension components.
Each of the ball joint failures was diagnosed via "play in the ball joint." This is visible when the truck is off the ground allowing suspension to droop. Grab the top and bottom of the tire and move in and out along the vehicle access. There should be zero to little play on the ball joint.
When this was performed on my vehicle, the ball joint was visibly moving...

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Oh Kee Pah it appears you still have the UCA “perch” in tack, did the instructions for the Freedom UCA’s recommend cutting them out? ’m in a similar situation with a 2.5” front level and the upper ball joints prematurely fail in the rough country forged UCA’s. I still have my spring perch. Trying to figure out what a long term solution may be. I don’t have the time to replace ball joints on a regular basis.

maxpsi

Reaction score
My Freedom UCAs didn’t come with any directions, so I couldn’t tell you if that was apart of it. The Fox 2.0s directions don’t mention cutting them, but Icon and other major brand coilovers say cut them. I was sitting on top of them, so I cut them out. I was able to do it without removing any suspension components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission