Anyone use Freedom Off-Road UCAs? (2015 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
I bought a set for my 15' Tahoe that are a direct replacement for trucks with aluminum arms and are angled for 2"-4" of lift. My stock ball joints are just about shot from the Fox shocks and the lift (45k miles on them). I couldn't find any posts on these yet- just seeing if anyone has experience?

Thanks

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
So far between these and the new Moog lower ball joints, it rides so much better. I'm sure most of that is due to the old ones being shot, but the suspension certainly went together smoother with the angles on the Freedom UCAs. So far so good!

IMG_5689.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the specs on the fox shocks? Whats the height range with them? Where did you get them? You change anything out back?

Thanks!

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
Whats the specs on the fox shocks? Whats the height range with them? Where did you get them? You change anything out back?

Thanks!
This is the Fox kit:

0-2" Front Coil-Over | Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP
Fox 985-02-018

I'm not sure about the 0-2" honestly, mine came out of the box set to 2" of lift and there is plenty of thread on the shock to go higher it looks like. So the front went up a little over 2" with these, and the rear was sitting about 7/8" lower. I ended up putting the Rough Country 3/4" spacers in the rear and now it's pretty much perfectly level. Although it's not required, I also put the UCAs on to help the ball joint angle on the front suspension. I have the air level rear shocks so I just replaced them at the same time with OE shocks. It rides a whole lot tighter than stock- I've unlocked a few more bonus rattles since but there is almost none of that swaying or floating over rough stuff. Feels super tight.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the Fox kit:

0-2" Front Coil-Over | Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP
Fox 985-02-018

I'm not sure about the 0-2" honestly, mine came out of the box set to 2" of lift and there is plenty of thread on the shock to go higher it looks like. So the front went up a little over 2" with these, and the rear was sitting about 7/8" lower. I ended up putting the Rough Country 3/4" spacers in the rear and now it's pretty much perfectly level. Although it's not required, I also put the UCAs on to help the ball joint angle on the front suspension. I have the air level rear shocks so I just replaced them at the same time with OE shocks. It rides a whole lot tighter than stock- I've unlocked a few more bonus rattles since but there is almost none of that swaying or floating over rough stuff. Feels super tight.

Alright, thanks.

So you are no longer running the rear air shocks? I would like to keep them, so maybe I would need some type of extension bracket if I put in a spacer to level the rear up with the front. Hmmmmm....

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
Alright, thanks.

So you are no longer running the rear air shocks? I would like to keep them, so maybe I would need some type of extension bracket if I put in a spacer to level the rear up with the front. Hmmmmm....

I am still running the auto leveling air shocks out back. I just meant I replaced them with new factory units as opposed to aftermarket shocks. I haven't had any issues with only 3/4" spacers. I'd think you would need the extension brackets if you went over an 1" maybe?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still running the auto leveling air shocks out back. I just meant I replaced them with new factory units as opposed to aftermarket shocks. I haven't had any issues with only 3/4" spacers. I'd think you would need the extension brackets if you went over an 1" maybe?

Oh, gotchya. So its basically all factory out back, aside from the coil spacer. You didnt change the length of the ride height sensor arm?

I appreciate all the info!

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
Oh, gotchya. So its basically all factory out back, aside from the coil spacer. You didnt change the length of the ride height sensor arm?

I appreciate all the info!

Didn't change a thing. No error codes, nothing noticeable in the ride aside from being a bit smoother (thanks to the new shocks)!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't change a thing. No error codes, nothing noticeable in the ride aside from being a bit smoother (thanks to the new shocks)!

How many miles were on your rig when you swapped it out? My wife has close to 80k miles on hers, and the ride quality has went to complete hell all of the sudden.

Have you had enough loads in the rear to actually assure the air shocks are functioning properly?