Anyone switched from Yukon to Sierra and regretted it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if one of the reasons you're considering downsizing the interior is because the kids are gone and all you really need are the two rear seats (or 3 if a rear bench), then why get a longer XL or Suburban? You can add your BT, USB, inverter with 110V outlets and whatever other shortcomings to your current ride for WAY less than assuming a new vehicle note. Aftermarket BT would be better anyway since you can stream music from a phone and you can get a more powerful inverter for the 110V oulets. If Big Mama needs maintenance or repairs due to the higher mileage, it's still much cheaper. Plus it gives you an opportunity to have a little fun with upgrades (lifting, lowering, cam if doing an AFM delete, etc.)

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great defense of the Yukon. It’s hard to find a truck with a 6.0 or 6.2 without breaking the bank too. Hadn’t heard the ride for rear passenger in crew cab wasn’t fun but I don’t know many folks with one. Good point on towing I barely feel my boat. Does the EXT have a different chassis or suspension than trucks? Looking more and more like BM isn’t in danger of leaving the fold.
checked out CL saw a few yukons over priced like one with 89k miles salvaged hybrid for 10k salveaged are not worth as much

maybe it's worth 6700 at the most) good for parts like the Inverter.. ]

possibly even converting it to a "home made" Hydro( or wind)/Gas electric power plant. with the 60kw motor..
you could make about 40-50KW of power with it.. and build a small town around you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points. Ron, the roads are ok and interstate 81 is blacktop but still bumpy. Hadn’t considered an xl or burb Chris but it’s worth a look. I like the 6.2 as I’ve had Tahoe’s with 5.3 and they’re not close to the power. Having a car note doesn’t excite me either I’m just thinking if there’s a time where my rig has a little value and the rigs I’m looking at have come down now’s the time. Someone mentioned Avalanche or EXT but I didn’t see much benefit there. I need a drink.... diet mtn dew bartender.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points. Ron, the roads are ok and interstate 81 is blacktop but still bumpy. Hadn’t considered an xl or burb Chris but it’s worth a look. I like the 6.2 as I’ve had Tahoe’s with 5.3 and they’re not close to the power. Having a car note doesn’t excite me either I’m just thinking if there’s a time where my rig has a little value and the rigs I’m looking at have come down now’s the time. Someone mentioned Avalanche or EXT but I didn’t see much benefit there. I need a drink.... diet mtn dew bartender.

I had a silverado but hated the ride quality that is why i got a tahoe instead
Avalanche is quite appealing because it's a truck but has the SUV ride quality...
I actually wanted that instead of the tahoe.. I don't mind the extra length it does not bother me at all.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good catch, James! Absolutely! The saw and cast iron table are bulletproof beasts. I actually may use the table more as a very solid workbench than as a table saw. But when needed, that saw cuts through anything, and never needs adjustment/alignment.

My kids agree with you, mine is covered with stuff right now, but I need to use it to build a rolling work bench and a couple of desks soon!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Drink of Champions!

Diet Mountain Dew.jpg