Anyone running spacers in rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackLTZ985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up folks,
Just put some 33x12.5r20s on my Tahoe and have some rubbing in the rear. Sort of expected to get some rubbing but noticed something after the install that the fitment in the rear has the tires inside the wheel well. Just hardly flush but it’s enough for me to notice. The front tires poke a little and the mismatch is bugging me. Anyone running a spacer on a stock wheel to remedy this?
I notice this with a lot of lifted vehicles that the front track is always wider than the rear.

2007 LTZ 4x4. Level kit.
running boards and chin deleted.

112A02FA-45B6-479F-8544-35CDC32D8E99.jpeg F1DE6FD0-51D4-4EBA-B62D-4608E7D57954.jpeg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up folks,
Just put some 33x12.5r20s on my Tahoe and have some rubbing in the rear. Sort of expected to get some rubbing but noticed something after the install that the fitment in the rear has the tires inside the wheel well. Just hardly flush but it’s enough for me to notice. The front tires poke a little and the mismatch is bugging me. Anyone running a spacer on a stock wheel to remedy this?
I notice this with a lot of lifted vehicles that the front track is always wider than the rear.

2007 LTZ 4x4. Level kit.
running boards and chin deleted.

View attachment 261746 View attachment 261747
@BlackLTZ985 I am running 1.75 inch wheel spacers front and back. At stock I don't like how the front sticks out but after the wheel spacers I don't mind it now that the back it poking out my fender a little bit. Gives it a wide stance. Your wheel studs are 2 inches long so if you run a wheel spacer that is less than 2 inches wide you have to trim your wheel studs a little bit so that the studs don't poke through the wheel spacer.

Keep in mind that the more you lift the rear of your truck the more the rear axle will get off center. You will start to notice that your rear axle is poking out toward the passenger side more than the driver side.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to run a 1/2" spacer in the front and rear with the same wheels on my NBS Tahoe to fix a tiny amount of inner fender rub. Ran it like that for about 8 months until I did an axle swap that gave me extra width without the spacer. I would have no issues with running a quality spacer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk