Anyone relocate coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NvrMnd85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone bothered to relocate the coil packs? I see it done on swaps all the time but wasn't sure if anyone had bothered. At least none that i seem to be able to find. Been wanting to dress up and clean up the engine bay without using engine covers. Im currently shaving a gen3 intake.

OP
OP
N

NvrMnd85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found someone that located them behind the intake but am not sure if theres room there in our trucks between the intake and firewall. DSCF8004.jpg 100_1963.jpg 100_2092.jpg

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cost of relocating them will far exceed the cost to just do a nice engine cover Mod.
Relocation will involve new custom Spark plug wires, mounts for the wires and, the wiring for the coils.
The 2010 Camaro Engine cover looks great with actually little work.
Stable.JPG

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered the ICT brackets and accel ceramic universal 90* plug set to relocate mine... not to sure where im doing with them yet though.

top of the list would be nice to hide them under somewhere but routing the wires to the passenger side with the turbo manifold would be tricky.

the easiest would be just to mount them to the firewall, probably have room on each side for 4. wires would have to be routed high (on edge of valve cover) not really accomplishing much by moving them to the firewall visually though so not sure if thats what ill do

there wouldnt be room to mount the coils with stock truck intake, youd need a single plane type manifold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157