Anyone Purchased Extended Warranty Plan ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Op, there are a few Dealers around the country that sell GMEPP which is the recommended warranty, especially with all the electronics for a good price or go back and see if the Dealer will match the price before you cancel which you can use as leverage. You can cancel yours and purchase from one of these Dealers and most offer payment plans.

OP
OP
A

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all! I got a quote for $3,200 from Dennis for 7 years / 84k miles. The policy is essentially a 4 year / 48k miles since it initially runs concurrently with the manufacturer. I wish they had a higher mileage limit.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only car we bought new we bought the extended warranty to go with it. A few years down the line and our fortunes changed, we were broke, and the warranty took care of the unexpected repairs.

My daughter, at my wife's behest, bought a warranty with her used truck. She too had a transmission failure down the line and that warranty also paid for itself and then some.

I'm generally of mind to fix things myself and not be held hostage by a warranty. I'll tune and modify my vehicles as I see fit without care of what some adjuster may think. As I get older and become more infirm, I may have to rethink my thinkin'! If only the mechanics and body men were as good as I think I am!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought one only because of how much electronics these new rigs have on them and how much the truck relies on these electronics to control everything. That's stuff you can't fix yourself. We also plan to keep this yukon about 10 years but we shall see. 1.5 years and 21K miles so far no major issues

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, as usually only keep a vehicle six or seven years, and I got coverage to match that timeframe. Usually when I’ve had problems with a vehicle it is showing up in about the 5th to 6th year so that’s when I hope my pay back will be….

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of extended warranties until we bought a GM certified 2017 Denali. The sales guy pushed the extended warranty and sold it to us for $2200 at the time of sale which included a 6 year unlimited platinum wheel and tire plan.

I'm used to doing all my own stuff, but don't have the capability to talk to computers on my new one. It PAID off big time! I got 2 front struts replaced for leaking fluid, a seat vibrator replaced, a new fuel fill because the flap spring broke, and a new radio/climate control module. All big ticket items. Funny thing is the salesmanship said that if the radio went out, it would pay for itself.......400 miles before the warranty expired IT DID flake out and was covered.

Depending on the upfront cost, I may consider it again seeing how quality control seems to have gone down the S H I T T E R

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be getting a warranty when my factory warranty runs out. My lifters already went on my 6.2 at 6k miles.

maddocmatt

Reaction score
I have an Escalade 2021 ESV and I bought the extended warranty through the dealership. I think mine was 7k. I have 32k miles on mine now and I have had the lifter issue, a severed injector harness grounding wire, a faulty rear leg taillight and now I’m about to take it in for an exhaust shell in the cabin. Honestly looking back, I wouldn’t have bought it because I don’t think the truck will make it to 60k before I dump it. My two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC