Anyone installed backup cam inside the rear window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a backup cam on the inside of the rear window? I'm thinking it would be fairly easy to mount it to the plastic trim above the window. I'm just not sure how well it would perform through the glass. I don't need the guide lines turned on or anything.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried this yesterday actually... it wasn't bad, definitely better than no camera at all. But once I saw what it looked like with the camera outside the truck, it was no comparison, and got mounted over the license plate.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed and tested my cam today-definitely put it in the trim panel above the plate. It was not horrible but getting the liftgate panels off were the biggest obstacles. I could have had it all done in a couple hours if I had a heated garage to work in....

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my full-time mirror camera behind the glass mounted as close as possible to the glass to minimize glare. I ran the wire under the headliner to the mirror. Functions basically like the newer trucks with camera mirrors. I do have the OEM back up camera also, and picture quality doesn’t suffer. The only issue I have is that my wiper doesn’t sweep high enough to wipe the glass in front of the camera (but it’s supposed to).9EDE15B7-9CC3-42D8-8DD8-FE06395CA816.jpeg81DED590-9FD9-4783-921C-A93664507A2E.jpeg

OP
OP
2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my full-time mirror camera behind the glass mounted as close as possible to the glass to minimize glare. I ran the wire under the headliner to the mirror. Functions basically like the newer trucks with camera mirrors. I do have the OEM back up camera also, and picture quality doesn’t suffer. The only issue I have is that my wiper doesn’t sweep high enough to wipe the glass in front of the camera (but it’s supposed to).View attachment 268928View attachment 268929
What mirror is that? looks like the one I got.