Anyone found a hack to stop WeatherTech liner sides from falling in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife’s RAV4 came with them. The sides of each front mat are folding over. My hacks have all failed.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't know of one and I contacted WeatherTech about this problem, months back, and their answer was the same dribble of high quality and strive for the best....blahh blahh.

I would just buy Husky liners. I have some in my 2002 and they work great.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I don't know of one and I contacted WeatherTech about this problem, months back, and their answer was the same dribble of high quality and strive for the best....blahh blahh.

I would just buy Husky liners. I have some in my 2002 and they work great.

@PNW VietVet
Can you post some pics of the 02, I've been wanting to get me some but can't find what they look like installed.

Don't mean to jack up your thread @Big Mama

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I will post pics of the new ones in the 2005 Z71 when I get them in a week or so. They are the same as the ones in the 2002. Like I stated, is crazy around here and just to get outside and take pics the ash is everywhere and gets inside the vehicle when I open the door. I promise to take and post the pics. It will happen because it is on a reminder Post It note at my computer.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife’s RAV4 came with them. The sides of each front mat are folding over. My hacks have all failed.

What hack jobs did you do to your mats?

I’m considering putting Velcro on the backsides of the mats in a few places and seeing if that works.

This is the first vehicle I’ve had the issue with them folding over.

Both my wife’s Saturn Aura has had a set in there for years now. My totaled Buick Regal GS had it in there with no issues there. The 03 Pickemuptruk has a set in there with no issues.

I think they got sloppy in their engineering efforts and or they are thinner material from the other ones.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What hack jobs did you do to your mats?

I’m considering putting Velcro on the backsides of the mats in a few places and seeing if that works.

This is the first vehicle I’ve had the issue with them folding over.

Both my wife’s Saturn Aura has had a set in there for years now. My totaled Buick Regal GS had it in there with no issues there. The 03 Pickemuptruk has a set in there with no issues.

I think they got sloppy in their engineering efforts and or they are thinner material from the other ones.
I’ve tried BIG Velcro, heat gun, aluminum tape to the back sides. Never buy them again.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried BIG Velcro, heat gun, aluminum tape to the back sides. Never buy them again.

***** that shoots my idea on the Velcro. Wait a minute, “joking”. Rivet gun the bastards to the floor! Some silicone around the rivets boom not moving anymore!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645