Anyone find a NAV hack other than lockpick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnson8537

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I am getting ready to install a NAV unit in my non Nav LTZ Hoe and want to be able to put in POIs (food etc. ) on the fly and not pull over for this. Seems silly that a passenger couldn't do this from their seat?

I know GM could put in a pressure sensor in the seat and only enable it when a passenger is in the seat..

I was curious is a toggle switch on the VSS wire would trick the unit to thinking it was not moving?

Thanks in advance!

Poncherello

Reaction score
I haven't heard of anything that works as well and installs as easily as lockpick. I did nspeak to someone a few years ago who claimed he could do with reprogramming but I never followed up on it.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am getting ready to install a NAV unit in my non Nav LTZ Hoe and want to be able to put in POIs (food etc. ) on the fly and not pull over for this. Seems silly that a passenger couldn't do this from their seat?

I know GM could put in a pressure sensor in the seat and only enable it when a passenger is in the seat..

I was curious is a toggle switch on the VSS wire would trick the unit to thinking it was not moving?

Thanks in advance!

I think they already have a sensor in the seat since it'll turn on the airbag and set off the seat belt reminder. Too bad GM can't figure this out, but some idiot will get in an accident while driving/using their NAV even with a passenger and then sue GM because it was possible for them to use the NAV while driving.

OP
OP
Johnson8537

Johnson8537

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think they already have a sensor in the seat since it'll turn on the airbag and set off the seat belt reminder. Too bad GM can't figure this out, but some idiot will get in an accident while driving/using their NAV even with a passenger and then sue GM because it was possible for them to use the NAV while driving.

Yeah I guess... what is our country coming to? In the past that would have been considered natural selection! (the strong and smart survive!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz