Any NNBS Suburban/XL owners have a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on whether or not to add a tune to my list of things to do. I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with a tune on an 07+ Burb/XL. What kind of gains should I expect, was it worth it, etc. I understand everyone's experience may be a little different, so please chime in! I needs your input!

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I started out with the DiabloSport Predator. I primarily got it to disable DoD and do some minor tweaking. I have since upgraded to thier new product InTune. It basically does all the same stuff but much cleaner and more intuitive. It also supports TCM tuning as well so you can adjust torque management, shift points, shift firmness, etc. I'd say go with the InTune if you're going to try a hand-held tuner. Outside that... if you want a precise custom tune then I'd contact BlackBear as they seem to know their stuff and support their work.

OP
OP
VTburban

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Brian, I forgot to add that I do not know anything about engines, exhaust or computers. So...can you start over again and tell me what DoD is, and what other minor tweaks you speak of? Oh, and thanks!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackbear tuned. Effing LOVE IT!!! Wife loves it too. Totally worth the money. Mpg gains too.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm telling ya brother, if wifey likes it, it's worth it. They have tuned every GM vehicle I have owned. And as others here will vouch, Justin is top notch!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Since our trucks are practically clones, I will highly recommend Black bear autocal. I have 8 different tunes for my truck. I have Tunes for size 22 rims and my 17 winter rims. I have a sport tcm tune that really moves the truck and it can make the 22 chirp in 1-2 shifts. Pretty cool when that happens, traction light goes off. I also have a tune for towing. You cant go wrong with a BB tune as it tunes made Directly based on your Trucks log files you send into them as where a General Tuner is so generic it wont do much of anything for you other than make you angry you spent all that money for something you cant tell the difference in.

OP
OP
VTburban

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, point taken. I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of trying to find the best route to take, performance unit per dollar. If a burb is always going to be a burb, I'll skip it. But it sounds like even the lowboys can catch a boost with the right tweak, and at a reasonable price. SOOOoooO, glad I asked! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmt800