Any help would be greatly appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know this is a suv forum, but my other ride is a 99 extended cab silverado. I'm at wits end w this thing! 1st my fog lights stopped working and then all wiper speeds except high. Then my headlights wouldn't turn off even when the truck was off. So I changed bcm's to a 2001 bcm witch gave me the ability to turn the headlights off manually. Also replaced the wiper pulse motor wich didn't help the wiper issue. My amp stopped working 1 day and at some point so did my taillights. Now my turn signals and brake lights work fine just no tails. Do you guys think this is all related? Maybe a ground issue?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is a suv forum, but my other ride is a 99 extended cab silverado. I'm at wits end w this thing! 1st my fog lights stopped working and then all wiper speeds except high. Then my headlights wouldn't turn off even when the truck was off. So I changed bcm's to a 2001 bcm witch gave me the ability to turn the headlights off manually. Also replaced the wiper pulse motor wich didn't help the wiper issue. My amp stopped working 1 day and at some point so did my taillights. Now my turn signals and brake lights work fine just no tails. Do you guys think this is all related? Maybe a ground issue?
I would do an absolutely thorough inspection of your power and ground cables.

I would also look at the fuse block under the hood to make sure there is no funky corrosion in, on, or under it.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electrical issues. I empathize. My 1999 corvette is absolutely cherry but has demos in it now ug.

I second starting with ground points. They're easy to access on this truck.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the positive between the alternator and the fuse block. It is "protected", which means when water seeps into it, it stays there, corroding the cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos