Antenna wire for satellite- 2018 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isolo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having issues with satellite regularly cutting out. Sirius sent me a WCS filter to install with free installation. I was going to install myself but can’t seem to figure out where to install. Does anyone know where the wire runs? Where the filter goes?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it just plugs into the back of the radio module where the antenna plugs into--It just goes between the antenna wire and the radio?

How did you get it? I would really like to end drop-outs while listening to SXM!

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having issues with satellite regularly cutting out. Sirius sent me a WCS filter to install with free installation. I was going to install myself but can’t seem to figure out where to install. Does anyone know where the wire runs? Where the filter goes?
Just looked it up on SiriusXM's website. I agree, this looks like you just unplug your antenna from the receiver and plug this in between. What model year is your vehicle? On the 2003-2006 the satellite receiver is behind the glove box. Not sure where it is on newer models.

I'm also very interested in this. I have been having trouble with this for several years. I'm curious if this is good for all model years, or only newer models.

OP
OP
I

Isolo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with the radio/monitor that you can raise for storage. Any idea how I get to the back where the wire connects?

I called Sirius to let them know every time I’m driving my radio cuts out when I go under a tree or any overhang. It took a couple calls but once I get the right person they knew what I was referring to and said I need this WCS Filter. They sent it to me for free with free installation.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with the radio/monitor that you can raise for storage. Any idea how I get to the back where the wire connects?

I called Sirius to let them know every time I’m driving my radio cuts out when I go under a tree or any overhang. It took a couple calls but once I get the right person they knew what I was referring to and said I need this WCS Filter. They sent it to me for free with free installation.
Take a look at this video:

It appears that the radio receivers are in one module on the new Tahoes. Some of those connectors appear to be for antennas (radio, cellular, XM and GPS). It looks to me as though this is where you plug it in. The older trucks had separate modules for radio, XM, OnStar.

I wonder if they would send me a free filter for my 2005? and if it would work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas