Another Upstate Newbe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smithl3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started the install today. It's been a while since I have worked in a few year old suspension in NY, the salt doesn't help anything. Pretty slow but I managed to get the front end done and the sway bar installed in a little over 4 hours. I took my time and made sure to use antisieze and torque everything. Tomorrow is the lowering of rear.

OP
OP
S

smithl3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just dropped it off for an alignment and a tire pressure sensor calibration.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That long Suburban with the 375s looks sweeeet!

OP
OP
S

smithl3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just picked up the suburban from the alignment, the only thing that I noticed is that there is rubbing on the rear wheels against the fender liner. I ended up driving it probably 20 miles and noticed occasional rubbing hear and there. When I got home there was indication on each side of the rear fenders that I will need to cut off to allow for clearance with the wheels and lowering kit. I only really notice it when I side load the tires with a left or right turn. The axle is in the dead center of the truck, I used a straight edge and adjusted the pan hard bar to within a 1/16 of an inch, so I cant blame it on axle position.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am hoping to simply relieve it a little bit and solve the problems, I hope it is that simple. I also occasionally get slight rubbing on the front fender well on particular wheel angles and bumps. It looks extremely close to rubbing at times but mostly clears.

IMG_0892.PNG

IMG_0893.png

OP
OP
S

smithl3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With a heat gun and a 2x4 I was able to push the protruding parts of the fender well out of the way. I have a few hundred miles on it at this point and haven't heard a single thing rub in the back anymore, looks like the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck