Another oil pressure sensor? No Pressure Again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I defiantly think I'll monitor it a little better. It's my wife's ride so I kinda forget about it until she says something.

I did look under there today after cleaning it up yesterday, so it say for almost a full day. I did notice oil coming out from a cover (about the size of coke can diameter) that looks likes it's above the sway bar. The other leaking area appears to be up by the oil filter. Hope I'm about to say makes sense, I'll try to figure out how to add photos. But the flat area above the oil filter has oil that has leaked onto it. There is a bolt that is up there enough you would need an extension to get to is covered in oil. So my guess that bolt or a seal somewhere up there is leaking. Also right next to the oil filter is a bolt that has oil. This area appears to have a seal because it to parts connected. Like I said, hope this makes sense. I'll try to post pics.
Does the cover you are referring to look like what is in the picture? That is an inspection hole so you can look up into the bellhousing and see between the motor and the transmission. You can remove that and see if you have a leak at the rear main seal for the crankshaft coming out of the motor or if the oil is coming from above that.
1646945214617.png

OP
OP
cntryislandboy
Reaction score
Does the cover you are referring to look like what is in the picture? That is an inspection hole so you can look up into the bellhousing and see between the motor and the transmission. You can remove that and see if you have a leak at the rear main seal for the crankshaft coming out of the motor or if the oil is coming from above that.
View attachment 365329
Yes that is one of the spots, it was clean yesterday and now you can tell oil is coming out of there.

Attachments

• 3C60FA4F-0CF4-42A5-8167-253460ECE592.jpeg
    3C60FA4F-0CF4-42A5-8167-253460ECE592.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Yes that is one of the spots, it was clean yesterday and now you can tell oil is coming out of there.
Pop that cover off with a screwdriver and use a flashlight and look, feel inside. That is a low point and oil may not be coming out from it, but just running to it from the outside.

That first Pic looks like it may be the O-ring on the oil cooler block or the gasket for the oil cooler line block.

OP
OP
cntryislandboy
Reaction score
Pop that cover off with a screwdriver and use a flashlight and look, feel inside. That is a low point and oil may not be coming out from it, but just running to it from the outside.

That first Pic looks like it may be the O-ring on the oil cooler block or the gasket for the oil cooler line
Popped the cover off, looks fairly clean inside. I think your right, I think what tiny bit is in there is run off since it’s a low point. It’s only in the corner and a very time amount. Here’s a little better pic I think. From what I can tell it looks like maybe the leak is coming from the 2 pieces that are bolted together. You can see a portion of the oil filter and to the right of that is where it looks like the leak is, unless it’s higher up and can’t see. But I looked it over pretty good and this seems to be the spot that has the most oil showing.

Does that look like the O Ring your referring to. That seems like a job that might be a bit over my head.

Attachments

• 65F926E7-E88E-4266-99DD-7890B0A72C00.jpeg
    65F926E7-E88E-4266-99DD-7890B0A72C00.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
cntryislandboy
Reaction score

That first Pic looks like it may be the O-ring on the oil cooler block or the gasket for the oil cooler line block.
So I replaced the oil cooler gasket. It still appears to be leaking a little. I’m wondering if I put it on the wrong way. The old one fell before I could see how it was on there and the new one was slightly thicker on one side of the metal core than it was the other.

Reaction score
So I replaced the oil cooler gasket. It still appears to be leaking a little. I’m wondering if I put it on the wrong way. The old one fell before I could see how it was on there and the new one was slightly thicker on one side of the metal core than it was the other.
I don't think it matters which way the gasket goes.

The leak could be from the O-ring that is on the side of that block. There is a post on this forum somewhere about replacing it. Basically, there is a round plug that takes either an Allen or Torx bit to remove and there is an o-ring that seals it. Replace the o-ring with a correct size viton o-ring.

Like I said, I can't remember the details, but there is a post about it with pics

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out....I had a couple bad Oil Pressure Senders. One that just leaked. Oil will run down the DS. If you can, lie on top of the motor on the DS and see if you can get your phone on the sender and see if it's dry, or leaking. Sometimes you can get your hand with your phone in where you can't get your head. At least you can then eliminate that.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Responding to the oil leak question (not the pressure sensor) since you replaced the oil cooler gasket, the two remaining suspects are the O-ring that @gooffeyguy mentioned or the pan gasket. Let's hope it's the O-ring as the pan is a PIA, especially if you have AWD.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345