Another lift/tire combo question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasfireguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all I just found this forum and searched. I even went through EVERY one of the 32 page post about 2021+ lifts with pics. I still didn't see my question answered...
I have a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 4x4 with the OEM 22" wheels and NO air ride. We need tires soon and my wife wants to lift ot but loves her upgraded OEM wheels. I get my tires from discount so I can't run spacers (they wont touch them). If I go with the rough country 3.5 lift. What size tire can I fit with no rubbing/ minor trimming ONLY. On the OEM wheels with no spacers? Thanks for the help. Here is a picture for reference!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question, as I don't have your model year; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Hello all I just found this forum and searched. I even went through EVERY one of the 32 page post about 2021+ lifts with pics. I still didn't see my question answered...
I have a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 4x4 with the OEM 22" wheels and NO air ride. We need tires soon and my wife wants to lift ot but loves her upgraded OEM wheels. I get my tires from discount so I can't run spacers (they wont touch them). If I go with the rough country 3.5 lift. What size tire can I fit with no rubbing/ minor trimming ONLY. On the OEM wheels with no spacers? Thanks for the help. Here is a picture for reference!
285/55 R22. Probably the biggest you can go. I contemplated these vs the 275/65/R20 I went with. My only mistake taking my 22's off and putting 20" wheels on was my offest. I went Zero offset. That makes my tires rub. You should be good with the positive offset of OEM wheels

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is mine with a 2" RC lift front/back and 285/55r22 +24 offset (before I added the 1.25" spacers). There was minor trimming that had to be done. If its done right you wont notice. I would assume with a 3.5" lift you would be in better shape. I have seen others with 35"x12.50" tires and a 3.5" lift but no telling what they had to cut.

RC 2 inch leveled all around - 4WP.jpg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Probably 33s/305 you may be able to clear 35s with some trimming

OP
OP
T

texasfireguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
285/55 R22. Probably the biggest you can go. I contemplated these vs the 275/65/R20 I went with. My only mistake taking my 22's off and putting 20" wheels on was my offest. I went Zero offset. That makes my tires rub. You should be good with the positive offset of OEM wheels
Thank you for the reply. I didnt see the email for the response!