Another HVAC POST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any luck?

I've been having similar issues for about 3 years. I have to unplug the actuators while they recalibrate so they stay on the cold or hot setting. This isn't my daily unless my other cars are down. I've been waiting on something else to go wrong to justify buying a tech2.
I know it isn't your daily driver, but down time still has some kind of dollar value.

Based on my recent experience, I would say there is strong justification for having a Tech 2 before that "something else" goes wrong.

When it does, you will be ready to diagnose and do all the other amazing stuff it can do for you without having to wait for a package to arrive.

I had gotten one the early spring. It was extremely helpful in determining my no-start was my starter and not related to the battery, ignition or Park/Neutral sensor. I was able to narrow my issue down to the starter, with almost total certainty, before the AAA flatbed even arrived to take me home for the repair.

The Tech 2 allowed me to see that the battery voltage was perfect, computer was seeing each position on the ignition switch (including crank) and that the computer was also seeing that the Park/Neutral sensor was indicating each gear as a shifted in and out of park. All of that information led me to figure it was just the starter in about 15 minutes.

I was back on the road quickly, because of the diagnostic help my Tech 2 provided.

Besides, who knows if there are any price increases coming if you wait to order.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you are going to get a clone from chinacardiag, you might want to put it in now. I think I saw those orders have been delayed by lack of chips. So order now and wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts