Another gas mileage thread.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this thread is for 07 and 08 Denali and Escalades. I want to compare apples to apples, 6.2, awd, etc. I recently purchased a 07 Denali and to be honest I havent seen anything better then 10.6 combined. I live in NYC and only commute about 8 miles each way so long highway runs are out. This is my second tank of gas with Lucas injector cleaner, just instaled a K&N air filter, had a wheel alignment done running 35psi in the tires but havent seen 11mpg! Obviously this is with the a/c on high but WTF? This has me so pissed off that I want to wake up saturday and take a short road trip to see if it improves.

Any suggestions? Or is this it?

Last edited:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump the psi to 38 what gas are you running? It's pretty normal with these trucks you will not get joyful mpgs

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump the psi to 38 what gas are you running? It's pretty normal with these trucks you will not get joyful mpgs

I will try that....I use 93octane usually Mobil.

This morning I looked at the meter and I am showing 11+.......guess the K&N did something.

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How may clicks are on your odometer..... if nearing the 100,000 mile mark you may want to change spark plugs as recommended and fluid changes.

We also recently (1 month ago) purchased a 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 AWD.... My wife took a short hyway trip this last weekend and got 19.3 average on 89 octane fuel (55-60 mph cruising), and in town driving is about 12-13 average. Note: I don't generally keep track of mileage, as I don't expect to get the same as a 4 cylinder! I bought the Denali 6.2 for the "Power & Grace", not for it's fuel economy!!

Gas mileage threads are like assholes and opinions..... everyone has one, just like driving conditions and driving style!!

Good Luck!!!

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same Mpg. I have an 07 Denali. I used the same Lucas cleaner, BB tune, CAI, and had a Goodyear fuel system flush but nothing helps. It's just the way it is. The sooner you accept it, the less it'll bother you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Madadd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Denali your mpg looks about right. I have stock 20" wheels, engine is stock aside from an Airaid intake. This was my last tank of gas all city driving. I will admit I have a bit of a heavy foot when the wife and kid aren't with me so this could probably be improved on a bit with better driving habits.

picture.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
do anyone with newer vehicles have the 4-6-8. does that help with gas mileage at all when on the highway cruising and it knocks some cylinders off.i have an 03 with the 5.3 and i was just curious hows the 4-6-8 motors are

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Denali your mpg looks about right. I have stock 20" wheels, engine is stock aside from an Airaid intake. This was my last tank of gas all city driving. I will admit I have a bit of a heavy foot when the wife and kid aren't with me so this could probably be improved on a bit with better driving habits.

picture.jpg

Nice! I dont think mine has that screen feature.....

Madadd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice! I dont think mine has that screen feature.....

That's not the stock unit I pulled that and put and Advent unit in. I hated the GPS and lack of Blutooth on the stock unit so it had to go, but I wanted to keep the stock look.

The DIC shows 11.7 mpg but I am not sure when I reset that and the Advent HU is more accurate since I physically enter the mileage and price per gallon of gas when I fill up. I have to take a road trip in a week so I should be able to get an accurate mpg on interstate driving. I'm guessing at 18-20 mpg but won't know for sure for another week or so.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn