Another 2021 z71 engine problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camaro1983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! New here and i have a question about my new tahoe with 4k miles. Notice a knocking yesterday. Didnt happen all that often. Let it run for awhile and thought it was ok. Well tried to drive it down the road and the knocking got more consistent. Sounds like on top of the heads like a lifter? Tell me what you guys think? Any idea gow to post a video on here? Yes im a newb. Having it towed to the dealer monday. Thanks

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the engine shakes, especially when warm, probably a bad lifter. Mine developed same symptom. Was in shop LONG TIME waiting on parts.

:(

Now how do you get the tranny in neutral without the engine running? Myself and the tow-truck operator could’t figure it out. Turn the engine off and the transmission shifted into park and put on the parking brake! Seems like the electronic shifter isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, And this was the GM roadside assistance tow company.

:confused:

Antarick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the engine shakes, especially when warm, probably a bad lifter. Mine developed same symptom. Was in shop LONG TIME waiting on parts.

:(

Now how do you get the tranny in neutral without the engine running? Myself and the tow-truck operator could’t figure it out. Turn the engine off and the transmission shifted into park and put on the parking brake! Seems like the electronic shifter isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, And this was the GM roadside assistance tow company.

:confused:
How long did you have to wait for parts?

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, here in Arabia, people think this happens because the 0W-20 oil is too thin! I'm not sure, but it may happen. On the other hand, we can't change the recommended oil to another one!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01