Amp/Sub problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About six months ago, I took my subs out. Two 15'' Sonys with a 1000 Watt mono amp. Didnt touch the wiring in the truck. Went to put them back in today and they are acting strange. I get power to the amp and some sound from the subs. Its like a really muffled/****** sound. lol. And it looks like the subs are being sucked in instead of pushed out.

What am I missing?? Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks! Hopefully its something I just totally spaced out.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you pull the subs out of the box?
One box connection or two?
is the amp true mono or bridged if so.. are you running chan to chan or bridged?
Did you accidentally mess with gain?
Are + and - reversed?
Even worse are they reversed on one sub but not the other?

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent pulled the subs out, probably need to do that, didnt think of one sub being reversed and not the other, I bet thats what it is. Thanks MOB, hadnt thought of that. Will recheck gain again, but it should be alright. And its got two box connections and its a true mono amp. Gonna go mess around with it in a few, thanks guys