Alyssa's 99 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
Great looking rig! I installed the next model-up Kenwood (X797) in my '99 SLT and love the Bluetooth as well. I had read quite a bit about the amp issue and was able to get everything working without having to cut the pink wire.

Oh cool! I was wondering if there was a way to wire it using the harnesses to get the amp to work, but I figured it would be just as easy to cut the pink off and wire it directly to a wire I knew for sure would work. I hadn't seen anyone report any luck using the harnesses.

The bluetooth IS nice. I didn't know I needed it until I had it ;)

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh cool! I was wondering if there was a way to wire it using the harnesses to get the amp to work, but I figured it would be just as easy to cut the pink off and wire it directly to a wire I knew for sure would work. I hadn't seen anyone report any luck using the harnesses.

The bluetooth IS nice. I didn't know I needed it until I had it ;)

I'll have to look for the instructions I used to see what wire I used. I don't like cutting wires if I don't have to :). I like how you put the mic up by the console. I wasn't sure if there was enough cable or not. I'm going to give that a try. Mine is on the dash above the radio.

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I really do love this truck more and more every time I get in it. I have been driving mustangs for about 5 years and WOW I did not know what I was missing. Don't get me wrong, I love mustangs and they have treated me well. But I'm fairly tall for a girl and having this big vehicle has been SO nice. It just feels right!

I would like to begin to de-chrome it, but since it's two tone with the tan on the bottom, I'm not sure how it would look with a black bumper or fender trim. I really like the looks of these OBS with black grill guards, especially paired with a black bumper. If it was that solid maroon color, I'd be all for black trim, but the light tan may not mesh well. As it is, the chrome isn't super noticeable, just something I've been thinking about.

Thoughts anyone?

I'll have to look for the instructions I used to see what wire I used. I don't like cutting wires if I don't have to :). I like how you put the mic up by the console. I wasn't sure if there was enough cable or not. I'm going to give that a try. Mine is on the dash above the radio.

I'm glad I wired the mic in at the console like that. I would definitely recommend it. It's out of the way and sorta hidden. There is enough wire that I even had to twist tie a little bit of it behind the radio. Had another phone call in it today and it worked flawlessly. Some might find this silly, but I really do love not having to hold my phone up to my face. It's nice having both hands, especially since I was driving around a tight downtown during the call.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
Well, alternator was about to fail and threw a battery light. So I replaced it myself with a little guidance from dad and I can say that this is one of the easiest things to replace on these trucks.
IMAG0990_zpsfaqkro06.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AlyssaB

AlyssaB

Reaction score
New tow ball and trailer light wiring for pullin the fishin boat! It looks like it is crushing the plastic with the hexagonal base, but we cut out just enough plastic for it to fit down in there.
IMAG0994_zps7jd2ggsu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited: