Already changed the mode door....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the "relearn" was to disconnect the battery for a while then reconnect and turn the key to on but not start. Then when the doors stop cycling, Id be good. I did all that, twice actually. Still doesnt work as it should. It seemed to only make a difference the first time I did it. No matter what setting i set the mode to ( floor, dash, mix, vent ) its always dash and defrost now. Is there a further relearn?
Not that I'm aware. Sounds like it's time to replace the blend door behind the dash. :banghead: I'd get a second opinion, though, if you think you need to go that route.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
Not that I'm aware. Sounds like it's time to replace the blend door behind the dash. :banghead: I'd get a second opinion, though, if you think you need to go that route.
If it comes to that, then it stays the way it is. Honestly, this truck runs great but its just not worth dumping the time and money into it.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if your year would have them, but it’s worth putting an advanced scan tool on it to check things out. You can see body codes, actual vs desired position counts, and lots more. Would help chasing this for sure. I know 03+ have this information. I have two body codes on my 04. One for the recirc door actuator and another for a rear temp door actuator. The truck pointed me right to the problem with the proper scan tool.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it comes to that, then it stays the way it is. Honestly, this truck runs great but its just not worth dumping the time and money into it.
If you do it yourself, it isn't expensive. $$$ comes in if you pay someone to do it. I have an honest mechanic, and he quoted the job at 9 hours.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
If you do it yourself, it isn't expensive. $$$ comes in if you pay someone to do it. I have an honest mechanic, and he quoted the job at 9 hours.
Im real big on doing my own work on my vehicles. My main issue is that my HOA doesnt let me work on my vehicles on the property. A project that will take that long, i cant really do at home so it becomes more of an issue than it is.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure the one that requires dash removal is for recirculation. The mode one definitely does not. I just replaced that one not long ago.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score

Above link shows how to do it, and has the no scam tool reset info in it
Bro! Thank you. I think when i get back from vacation and back to my truck, im gonna pull the mode door back out, and redo it following this dudes steps just to make sure its all in right. I did the relearn he said so i know thats right. Maybe i didnt install correctly? Felt like everything was right when i did it but im gonna just redo it to make sure. This is a GREAT writeup

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
No prob. I definitely had fun doing this thing-installed the gear incorrectly the first time and it was wonky. PITA!
Thats what im thinking I did wrong. It was 100% in a different position than the old one and definitely in a different position than what the picture showed in that link. Im thinking its not aligned right and now its stuck between modes. That link seems better than every video I watched on youtube. I appreciate the help brotha. Give me a week or 2 and ill give an update. I dont want to redo it but im hoping this is the issue and everything will work. oddly enough, i love this $2000 truck. Next is working on the evap code so i can pass inspection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar