All TPMS sensors suddenly reading high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All 4 sensors have been within 1 PSI of my gauges. About 2 weeks ago they now read about 5-6 PSI high, and all 4 did this at once.

Only difference was a few very cold nights.

Can this be reset via the Tech 2?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year? Also, have you confirmed they are that far off with an actual guage? Do you park inside or outside?

Or maybe they all need sweaters......

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, maybe...lol.

Sorry, 2012 XL Denali

Has been parked outside, yes, my 2 gauges read 35 PSI cold, DIC reads 40-41.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wierd...never experienced that. I'm not sure if tech 2 will work on 2012? There was a year they switched over to the new system GM uses

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tech 2 works on it, I believe 2014 was the changeover, but some global vehicles were before that.

I just don't know if the Tech 2 can change the calibration or actual PSI of what's read by the vehicle.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon SLE and my TPMS has always been a little off. I keep a small, but fairly accurate, tire pressure gauge on my center console to get a true, direct reading. I look at the tire pressure on the DIC as an idiot gauge. When the lite comes on it’s saying, “HEY IDIOT! Check your Tires!” Nothing beats the direct reading method in my book or experience. JMO. Aloha!

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look at the tire pressure on the DIC as an idiot gauge. When the lite comes on it’s saying, “HEY IDIOT! Check your Tires!” Nothing beats the direct reading method in my book or experience. JMO. Aloha!

The flip side to that is, if you're on a trip and encounter a puncture, it's nice to know you're losing air fast and can get somewhere to hopefully save the tire as well from the sidewall blowing out.

But I agree, I still use a gauge, it's just odd that all 4 started showing this discrepancy all at once.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flip side to that is, if you're on a trip and encounter a puncture, it's nice to know you're losing air fast and can get somewhere to hopefully save the tire as well from the sidewall blowing out.

But I agree, I still use a gauge, it's just odd that all 4 started showing this discrepancy all at once.
I also keep a high quality air pump in the cargo area, not the “plug in the lighter outlet” type. They burn up too easily.

repairman54

Reaction score
Cold temperature start up voltage drop may have confused the module. I would do a relearn on all 4 and go from there.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this be using the tool to relearn the position of the TPMS sensors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts