all on dome light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Zachs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty neat, finds look into this more when i get around to switch everything over to leds

W. Zacherle on the text machine using Tapatalk

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear door lights? Which ones are you referring to?

the ones i was telling you about 05 up dont have rear door lights only a reflector. backseat doors.

and i found a new led light that is far brighter than regular leds

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wires did you tap into to get the 12V to the map lights? Do you have to run 12V to every map light (6) in the vehicle? I got CANbus bulbs for all of my map lights and that didn't solve the dimming issue.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones i was telling you about 05 up dont have rear door lights only a reflector. backseat doors.

and i found a new led light that is far brighter than regular leds

I forgot, that's right!! It's nice having the lights in the rear doors, so that's a good mod to do for sure!

drewxjn

Reaction score
I also do not have an older (02 or earlier) NBS to tinker with, but there is an old thread with this same mod. I just dont remember if it was this board or the older board.

JKMotorsport posted up his 02 pic, and I posted my 03:

domelight.jpg

I have an 02 and the backside of where the bulbs are is just a hole. I can see the bulb through the backside. Any more info of the older thread?

Nbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but how do I know which is positive and which is negative?

Also, where do I connect a 12v to for the dome lights?

drewxjn

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but how do I know which is positive and which is negative?

Also, where do I connect a 12v to for the dome lights?

If you hae a 02 or older you will need to follow the picture I asked about yesterday but reverse the diodes. I got mine working finally last night.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
What wires did you tap into to get the 12V to the map lights? Do you have to run 12V to every map light (6) in the vehicle? I got CANbus bulbs for all of my map lights and that didn't solve the dimming issue.

i caught an orange wire (cant say which one right this second, i tested it with my meter) at the front overhead piece where the round map lights are located at. all of the lights are connected together in series so if you fix one then you fix them all. i then ran the wire across the headliner and down the a-pillar to the side of the dash where i caught a 12v wire. i think it was orange as well.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i caught an orange wire (cant say which one right this second, i tested it with my meter) at the front overhead piece where the round map lights are located at. all of the lights are connected together in series so if you fix one then you fix them all. i then ran the wire across the headliner and down the a-pillar to the side of the dash where i caught a 12v wire. i think it was orange as well.

Ah, ok. I found a write-up of running the wire on here but they jumped the 12v to each map light. They also added a diode. Here's the link: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34369&page=22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts