All My Mods, inside and out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

I will be doing similar blackout treatment to my metallic white high country.

How much work was involved with taking parts off for painting?
I didn’t do the work myself.

Paint and vinyl blackout was around $1200

PFF on 2/3 of the vehicle plus xpel ceramic coat over everything, including newly painted and vinyl blackout parts, was $2400.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome mods! Love the blacked out look. Just curious, since you blacked out everything, was there a reason you went with the chrome/metallic accented wheels?

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome mods! Love the blacked out look. Just curious, since you blacked out everything, was there a reason you went with the chrome/metallic accented wheels?
That’s a pretty good question!

First, there are a couple a pieces that can’t be blacked out, or at least not easily. Inside the the headlight and tail light casings, for example.

Also, it’s not that I dislike a little bit of contrasting color (like silver), it’s that I hate chrome specifically. The rims are milled and the silver accents are actually metal.

Finally, I love the look of black/milled rims much better than all black. Very eye catching.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black wheels are so hard to clean. Especially when they have large windows for you to clean the inside barrel. I find myself cleaning both inner and outer barrels every time I wash my AT4. What I really need is a tool that can make my job easier besides hand wiping them with a microfiber towel.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Still to come….

Tinted tail lights and reflectors
Interior chrome trim delete
Pedal Commander
Corsa CAI
Corsa performance exhaust
New, wider tires
Magic box to unlock carplay

Hopefully, by then there will be a tune I can put on it

What's the magic box?

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the magic box?
It’s an Apple CarPlay unlock device. Basically you can play video from the front infotainment screen (to be used in park), and allows you to remove the google wrap when in Carplay, making the CarPlay screen larger.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
It’s an Apple CarPlay unlock device. Basically you can play video from the front infotainment screen (to be used in park), and allows you to remove the google wrap when in Carplay, making the CarPlay screen larger.
I just watched some videos about it. Any idea if this allows you to bypass the scrolling limitations on USB music play while driving? I noticed this the other day in my '22 Tahoe. Very irritating coming from what should be an inferior 2014 Mylink infotainment system. At least that didn't limit your scrolling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts