Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it feel any different after they are done aligning it? I had new tires put on it an I've cranked the Tbars. So from what I'm reading it's $60 well spent getting it aligned. Just curious if I will even notice? It's not pulling either way hard right now, but the drive has been a little squirrley.

Ch@d

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just put tires on, you should always align right after.

If your steering is loose, it's your tie rod ends wearing.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just told me there is some kind of tab that was placed in the arm from factory? And it needs to be knocked out? $50/ wheel for the labor to do it?

Ch@d

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I told them to just leave it and get as close as they can. I'm currently standing the shop staring at the screen and the truck to make sure it is done right.

Ch@d

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is 100% correct . u get no camber/caster adjustment with the tabs in there, they are tack welded in at the factory and have to be punched out and with the right tool it is easy-- down side is u have to remove the upper control arm on each side. you also have to undo the upper ball joint. $100 labor isnt bad -- there are two on each side of the truck

here are pics http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=42237

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Great info. Always nice when I learn they are shooting me straight ;-). So should I knock em out and have it re-aligned?

They told me there was a little play in my ball joints?

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If the tolerance is out more then say 50 % I say get punched and for a camber/caster kit.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

so if it can go out as much as 1 degree but yours is out to 1.5 then get it done.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you guys read/interpret this? is this okay or should I take care of ball joints asap?

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 20

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they told u to have your ball joints replaced. I would of done it before I got the alignment or else they just put on your receipt no warranty. I had that happened when I got my buick aligned didnt even notice in the receipt til a couple of days later lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe

Latest posts