Air suspension help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FigureItOutMom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shiela needs some help! 2015 Tahoe LT. Month ago loaded up with 7 large adults parked on uneven sloped payment heard a pop then a sag then the compressor kicked on briefly. Now compressor runs for about 30 seconds on start up, heavy loading or trailer hitching. Do not drive it long distances but it is definitely happening if it sits for more than 12 hrs. There is no sag now just the initial one, compressor sounds like an air compressor no unusual noises and it does not seem to run while driving that I have noticed. Shocks bad or could it be the air line fitting that seams to go bad on these? How do I know which one to replace? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocks. Should be able to see it easily. You should pop the fuse for the compressor to keep it from over working until the repair is complete.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check for air leaks with a spray bottle of soapy water. Spray the shock, including the air connector, and also spray the air lines leading back to the compressor.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The upper shock bolt is a bit tricky, due to its location, but with a bit of care, you can get it out, and then back in. A common issue with this is that you can accidently disconnect the electrical connector on the top of the frame in that area, when you work with the shocks, so be advised.

CLSVT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Tahoe LTZ-Is it normal for the rear air compressor to come on for about 30 seconds every time you start the truck. Mine has been doing this for more than a year.
Last week the compressor started sounding like it was struggling. This week it quit working and I've got a "Service Suspension" message.
Wondering if my shock(s) were leaking all this time.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the passenger side shock an 8" extension with a deep socket will get it from the spare tire well, you have to do some contortions with your hands! Just did this about a month ago. If you disconnect the connector @Joseph Garcia mentioned it will throw the ABS light. It is right on top of the frame rail above the shock bolt, baby blue connector I believe, you just need to reach up and squeeze it back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia