Air Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so when I got my Yukon a few weeks back, I noticed that there was a sticker inside the lift gate that says something to the effect of air springs installed. It has a min psi of 5 and a max of 35. These are not the auto ride, but they have manual valves down by the spare tire. I understand what they do (lower psi = better ride for the most part and higher psi = better for when you have a big load), but I am just curious if that was something from the factory or if the previous owner had those installed.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
That is from the previous owner. Basically like you said they are Air bag helpers. So when you carry a load the rear doesn't sag. I have them as well in my Tahoe.

OP
OP
B

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I hope that doesn't mean the previous owner was doing a ton of heavy hauling or pulling lots of trailers, but, I have an extended warranty incase anything detonates. I checked them last night, one was at 6.5 the other at 18.5, so they are both around 6 now, but I haven't had a chance to test the ride yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21