Air conditioning help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custom99

Reaction score
I am looking for info on troubleshooting my ac system. Any good links that you can give me? I just recently bought this 03 yukon xl and the ac does not blow cold.

OP
OP
C

custom99

Reaction score
No i tried. It feels like it took about a quarter can and that was about it. Could hear it take some, the can frosted, and no change.

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front AC? With the truck running and the AC on, is the accumulator (large silver can, passenger side of engine) hot, cold, etc?

If it's cold, then the compressor and refrigerant should be good. Could be the blender door actuator. What happens when you turn the temp knob? Try both max cold and max hot settings with the AC compressor turned on and off.

zaathur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the gauge showing there is freeon at the proper level if so is the clutch spinning on the compressor?

chevy_man

Reaction score
For some strange reason mine won't blow cold if I have the A/C selected manually.

However, if I turn the climate controls down it'll blow ice cold air. Since it works in auto mode I haven't ****** with it, but it was wierd.

OP
OP
C

custom99

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to look at this. Fuses all good, belt good, good clean connection at compressor plug, swapped compressor relay with horn relay. Compressor not kicking in. I can spin the clutch by hand. Dual auto controls and tried everything. No cool anywhere. Help, getting hot and with constant rain here its hard to ride around with windows open.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what, it happend to me too but, i had over charged it and that ain't good cause it can fudge the whole a/c system u might wanna try that..

Rwayne

Reaction score
Ever figure it out bro?? I'm gonna get to working on my today. I've put stop leak and about 10 cans of freon. And this Texas heat hitting 100 degrees isn't fun. Windows down or not. Blowers work on both. I would recharge it, it would be ok for 2-3 days and would slowly go out.. It always seemed the rear one was colder too. I haven't tried just putting it on auto. I'll do that now. But i'm gonna have my neighbor look at it soon. Let ya know if i found out anything that can help

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but figure people might have a good response anyway... in my 01 tahoe, when im just idle @ a light the a/c doesnt blow very cold... as soon as I accelerate it blows super cold (just had it recharged a month or so ago..)
Any reason why? Or how can I get it to blow cold constantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy