Air Compressor for Air Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the fuse for the rear air compressor? all I've found is the "A/C" compressor fuse....

I need to pull it because its currently still connected and turns on all the time...just blows air out because its not hooked up...really loud too...

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
There should be a fuse labeled "RTD" (real time dampening). Disconnect negative terminal, pull the fuse, and reconnect negative. This solution you can use if you plan on replacing the compressor. If you want drop shocks then u have to go the resistor route.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lowered the back already with drop shocks....

so now the back end sits 5 inches lower...but when I drive, the compressor is pumping all the time..since I dont have the air lines connected to anything, it pumps air out into nothing...I can just pull the fuse to shut it off right?

why would I have to pull the negative though?

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Pull the negative so the BCM won't detect a problem and display a service ride control problem on ur dash.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect...thanks for the help bro, I appreciate it...it was getting extremely annoying listening the compressor and the leaking air all day while I drive lol....

now all is well! :D

now I gotta hook the compressor up to a toggle switch and hook it up to a small air tank for my air horn lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts