Air bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crossfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know we’re the air bag sensor is located, I’m getting service air bag warning.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Depends on what "sensor" you are referring to.

There are impact sensors out under the front bumper and there is an air bag module mounted to the floor under the center console area between the front seats.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
while doing my trans cooler i had the front fascia off and noticed to impact sensors mounted on top of the front sub bumper on the left/right side. You must remove the front fascia to access them. you need a good scan tool/tech2 that will determine the failed component?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while doing my trans cooler i had the front fascia off and noticed to impact sensors mounted on top of the front sub bumper on the left/right side. You must remove the front fascia to access them. you need a good scan tool/tech2 that will determine the failed component?
they should be able to be accessed from under the truck, depending on the year they may bolt up from the front of the sensor or they may be bolted from the rear with a reverse thread I think they changed in 2010, so 07-09 should bolt from the front of the sensor and 2010-2014 should reverse thread from the rear.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should be able to be accessed from under the truck, depending on the year they may bolt up from the front of the sensor or they may be bolted from the rear with a reverse thread I think they changed in 2010, so 07-09 should bolt from the front of the sensor and 2010-2014 should reverse thread from the rear.

mine is 08 xl and i just crawled under, they are concealed by the foam that supports/integrates the fascia to the sub bumper?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine is 08 xl and i just crawled under, they are concealed by the foam that supports/integrates the fascia to the sub bumper?
service manual doesn't say anything about having to remove anything other than loosen the bolt

impact2.JPG impact3.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my 12 yukon they actually mount vertical instead of horizontal and unbolt from the rear because you cant access them from the front no matter what you remove, at least I think they mount vertical I only looked under there once or twice before because the earlier years are accessed differently

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never doubt
service manual doesn't say anything about having to remove anything other than loosen the bolt

View attachment 252948 View attachment 252949

i never doubted you were right cause you have some great knowledge! If you crawl under you will never see them cause they are concealed by the sub bumper, But if i pull my head outa my ass and look through the front grill they are mounted on top as the diagram clearly defines!:boxed:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never doubt

i never doubted you were right cause you have some great knowledge! If you crawl under you will never see them cause they are concealed by the sub bumper, But if i pull my head outa my ass and look through the front grill they are mounted on top as the diagram clearly defines!:boxed:
the design change creates some confusion on my Yukon I can access them from the back using a star bit and turning counter clockwise I think that is the only way unless maybe you tore the whole front end apart which is ridiculous. the service manual doesn't even show them for the yukon you have to go look for them because they are not where the diagram shows