Aftermarket signal light housings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaiah W

Reaction score
So the LED signal lights I purchased from VIPMotoz on Amazon have given me problems since 3 months of being installed. They just got foggy at first with condensation on the inside, to the chrome coating flaking off and filling with water, and now the right DRL LED's are out.

SO I'm looking for a worthy replacement for the signal light housings. I have the DEPO headlights, so something that matches them would be preferable. Pictures would be helpful, even links if you feel so inclined. All I can find on Amazon is different varieties of VIPMotoz and I can't waste $60 again just to have to replace them in a year. If it comes down to it, I suppose if I buy the same and seal them better than they come, it might turn out.

Thanks for your opinions!

IMG_8953.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the LED signal lights I purchased from VIPMotoz on Amazon have given me problems since 3 months of being installed. They just got foggy at first with condensation on the inside, to the chrome coating flaking off and filling with water, and now the right DRL LED's are out.

SO I'm looking for a worthy replacement for the signal light housings. I have the DEPO headlights, so something that matches them would be preferable. Pictures would be helpful, even links if you feel so inclined. All I can find on Amazon is different varieties of VIPMotoz and I can't waste $60 again just to have to replace them in a year. If it comes down to it, I suppose if I buy the same and seal them better than they come, it might turn out.

Thanks for your opinions!

View attachment 228479
Did you get in touch with amazon? Maybe you got a bad set and can get them replaced?!

OP
OP
Isaiah W

Isaiah W

Reaction score
They're over a year old, and VIPMotoz customer service suuuuucccckkkksss. They were supposed to have a 'lifetime warranty' on the LED's but they went out and won't touch it since it's over a year.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're over a year old, and VIPMotoz customer service suuuuucccckkkksss. They were supposed to have a 'lifetime warranty' on the LED's but they went out and won't touch it since it's over a year.
Oh I missed the over a year old part. My bad! That’s a bummer! Have you tried spyder lighting?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There are a few different options out there, but whatever you buy, seal the seams with silicone to avoid the whole condensation thing....

OP
OP
Isaiah W

Isaiah W

Reaction score
Well, after calling VIPMotoz a couple more times, the best they could offer me is a discounted price for new ones. I really like the look of them, so I bit. This time, I'll put a bead of silicone around the edges to seal it, as that was the downfall of my current ones-the moisture that got in ended up frying the LED's.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, after calling VIPMotoz a couple more times, the best they could offer me is a discounted price for new ones. I really like the look of them, so I bit. This time, I'll put a bead of silicone around the edges to seal it, as that was the downfall of my current ones-the moisture that got in ended up frying the LED's.
Also put some dialectic grease where the bulb plugs into the back of the lens-- keeps out moisture. Those gaskets aren't the greatest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon