Aftermarket Headunits....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see some pics of aftermarket headunits in newer tahoes and yukons...
i also had a question my stock unit has the dvd slot in it.. when you put an aftermarket unit in where and how are you making the overhead unit in the back work thanks..

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I just got a Pioneer avic-f700bt, no pics yet but I will be posting them here as soon as my install is complete. I believe you will have to get an adapter to run your monitor to the head unit you get or splice the video input wire. Make sure you get a head unit with "rear zone". The other option would be to get a stand alone DVD and mount it under a seat or in the center console.

OP
OP
onebadrado

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a Pioneer avic-f700bt, no pics yet but I will be posting them here as soon as my install is complete. I believe you will have to get an adapter to run your monitor to the head unit you get or splice the video input wire. Make sure you get a head unit with "rear zone". The other option would be to get a stand alone DVD and mount it under a seat or in the center console.

thanks man... i was wanting the head unit i purchase to play it on the roof mount too.. so i guess the splicing into video input would be the ideal option.. what all does your unit come with... and how much was it...

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I actually bought it as an open box item from Best Buy for $300, but it didn't come with any of the attachments so I had to order them off of eBay. I found them fairly cheap though. I has built in Bluetooth, GPS, iPod connection (audio built in via USB, video added with adapter) rear camera input, and rear aux inputs for additional DVD/video players. You can find them on eBay ranging anywhere from $500 to $700. After the attachments (power harness, GPS antenna, Media harness, Bluetooth mic, and iPod adapter) I will have about $450 invested.

OP
OP
onebadrado

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought it as an open box item from Best Buy for $300, but it didn't come with any of the attachments so I had to order them off of eBay. I found them fairly cheap though. I has built in Bluetooth, GPS, iPod connection (audio built in via USB, video added with adapter) rear camera input, and rear aux inputs for additional DVD/video players. You can find them on eBay ranging anywhere from $500 to $700. After the attachments (power harness, GPS antenna, Media harness, Bluetooth mic, and iPod adapter) I will have about $450 invested.

dang you got a steal on it then... im in the process of looking for one but not sure what kind i want...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts