Aftermarket bluetooth suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that video is for newer versions. Try this one instead.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only in it about 20 minutes a day unless we go on road trips or I have appointments to run, so I really don't NEED it. I'll just use speakerphone on my phone if I really have to talk to someone that urgently if that's the only option I have besides replacing the stereo. I only replace things when I really need to... my phone is over 3 years old and I'm too "frugal" lol to buy another one since this one still works. Same thing with stereo. I probably will adjust just fine without having bluetooth; it was just a convenience, not a necessity
if you have the Aux input you can use something like a

bluetooth aux adapter

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the Aux input you can use something like a

bluetooth aux adapter

Not sure how this adapter will help, unless I buy another adapter to plug it into first. Just have the old "cigarette lighter" type plug ins for my Tahoe. Seems like everything offered for these types of sockets is FM bluetooth and I don't want that. Don't know why I can't just get a speaker with controls that connects to my phone without having to go through FM. I just don't understand all this. Think I'm just going to go incommunicado while I drive.

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that video is for newer versions. Try this one instead.

Don't have that response when I hold the button. It just says "OnStar ready," so I just think it doesn't have Bluetooth capability :(

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're happy with your headunit there are plug and play solutions out there to add bluetooth.

I used this adapter in mine for a few year before I decided to fiberglass a tab in my dash. You do have to pull the radio out to plug into the back of it. Do no exposed wires and clean factory looking install! Plug in play, no cutting wires etc... Keep your OnStar and Decent sound too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-radio-B...433254&hash=item3f8c67489e:g:oXYAAOSwYxBaDgy3

Last edited:

MLRTYME

Reaction score
Don't have that response when I hold the button. It just says "OnStar ready," so I just think it doesn't have Bluetooth capability :(
Yeah, I heard the gentleman in that video say 2009 thru...

I have a 2007 Denali with OnStar and all the bells/whistles...and I do not get the initial voice prompt when I hit the PTT button. When I say Bluetooth, it states the command is not recognized.

I wonder how different a 2009 system with bluetooth is electronically from the 2007. I would suspect dimensions would be the same as the dash is very similar, but does it require a different amp setup or steering controls? I don't know. I also know that some of the aftermarket systems require the 'add on' modules to keep steering controls and those need to be housed behind the dash...as well. Not impossible, but just another headache to worry about in the future.

I guess us 2007-2008 folks didn't get the cool toys...