Aftermarket bluetooth suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I miss in the Tahoe that I had in my newer Camry is the built-in bluetooth where I push a button on my steering wheel and have voice-activated calling and am able to answer calls via a button.

I don't listen to music on my phone and only every once in a while, I will listen to something on my phone from online, so playing things from my phone through bluetooth is not a priority.

What kind of aftermarket Bluetooth does anyone suggest/have that has the least amount of wires and can charge from the vehicle and has pretty decent call quality? Also would prefer one that has auto connect when turning on vehicle and has a button near the dash if it is required to make voice activated/answer calls via a button. And maybe seeing who is calling?

Looked up quite a few and there are so many different variations and tech out there and would like to know someone's real-life experiences and applications without having to become an expert to find a decent one.

Thanks!

TxTaz

Reaction score
What year and radio options are installed? Do you have steering wheel controls?
PAC and Metra are the best at aftermarket interfaces.
Taz

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taz

2007 Tahoe, looks like stock Bose with steer wheel controls. I'll take a look at those. Thanks!

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taz

Looks like these require more money and knowledge about audio than I have. Wasn't wanting to have to pay someone to install/interface with stereo. Looking for more of a simple plug and play. The Metra looks awesome, though, but more than I need with my limited time actually in the vehicle.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have OnStar controls on your rearview mirror? On your steering wheel controls on the right side if you hold the middle button down for several seconds does a voice prompt ready? If so say Bluetooth clearly.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is 15 years old tech wise so you need to replace. I changed out my daughter's head unit on her 2007 accord with a cheap amazon pioneer and she now has bluetooth streaming, a backup cam, and nav. Maybe 200 bones? Look for a "double din" replacement...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have OnStar controls on your rearview mirror? On your steering wheel controls on the right side if you hold the middle button down for several seconds does a voice prompt ready? If so say Bluetooth clearly.

Don't you have to pay for an OnStar subscription? Don't want to do that.

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is 15 years old tech wise so you need to replace. I changed out my daughter's head unit on her 2007 accord with a cheap amazon pioneer and she now has bluetooth streaming, a backup cam, and nav. Maybe 200 bones? Look for a "double din" replacement...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm only in it about 20 minutes a day unless we go on road trips or I have appointments to run, so I really don't NEED it. I'll just use speakerphone on my phone if I really have to talk to someone that urgently if that's the only option I have besides replacing the stereo. I only replace things when I really need to... my phone is over 3 years old and I'm too "frugal" lol to buy another one since this one still works. Same thing with stereo. I probably will adjust just fine without having bluetooth; it was just a convenience, not a necessity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins