aftermarket amp install help......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello all,
I am new to this site as I recently purchased my 03 Denali xl. I am trying to install an amp and 2 12" subs while retaining the factory head unit. I have tried searching with not much luck on a good write up of installing the LOC and remote wire. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what wires I tap coming from the stock amp (colors) and where I tap in the remote wire. Also will I still be able to have my stock bose sub? Any picture would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If im not mistaken, is the bose sub located in the center console? if it is, you can disconnect the stock subwoofer, as you would not be needing it with the 2 12's, and tap off those wires to get your line out. the colors should be dark green (+) and light blue/black (-), and dark blue/white (+) and light green/black (-). If you can't get to there, you could tap into the speakers wires on the back of the factory head unit as well. The remote wire should be pink.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes i have bose sorry. sub is under the center console i found that i am just not 100% on hooking the loc up. i could not see where the wires went into the stock sub from the stock amp. I had pretty much the whole center out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924