After complete suspension replacement, crazy things started to happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find an alignment shop with good repuation, have them check it.
If any of those front hubs are not fully seated correctly then your suv will drive strange.

I already checked the problem and..... found. Right caliper is shot and doesn't release the brake pads. Learned it the hard way with a smoke on the passenger side. It was juicy, for a second I thought my brand new engine was overheating but not. It was caliper. Basically was driving around with "brake on" on the passenger side. This is why it was pulling to the right.
Got new GM caliper, going to change tomorrow.
@Rocket Man was right, I switched to AC Delco and everything now is great.
Except right rear hub/axle problem, if put the right side on jack, the rear wheel wiggles vertically a bit. Will dig into it this Saturday. Hopefully it's just arms (purchased them too).

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PeteCT- reading the posts and Nobody mentioned Rear Axle Bearings and Seals from post#14. That is why your truck feels snakey. Quit worrying about the front end for a bit and fix the rear before you drive it again or you are likely going to see your axle and tire pass you as the truck drops to the pavement.
Thanks for your advice. I purchased everything except the axle itself (it cost ~$1400 and I will purchase it if problem won't fade away with new bearing, seals and arms). Will work on the truck this Saturday/Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini