AFM Delete with Range module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experience using this on 6.2L Denali engine.
Does the 6.2 engines have same issues with AFM?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experience using this on 6.2L Denali engine.
Does the 6.2 engines have same issues with AFM?
Works great on my 2017 Yukon Denali. What “same issues”?

Last edited:

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the lowdown on this thing? Do they work? All the time?

At $200 I'm 1/2 way to a tuner. And since I've seen so many posts about it causing issues, I'm inclined to just pony up a few more $$$ and get the Tune from BBR. I positively despise the AFM and V-4 mode. Causes a weird shudder, and sometimes a tonal we can hear. I'm also about to put a performance muffler in and remove the butterfly valve. So AFM/V-4 will only be accentuated in the annoyance department

Early 2015 with 5.3. Build date of April 2014.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I use the Range AFM Disabler on 2017 Yukon Denali. It is version 8.1 (I believe that's the most recent) and I bought directly from Range. I've been using it since February and it does what's advertised. Occasionally (maybe once every few weeks) on start up I'll get a CEL which is easily corrected by unplugging OBD device and re-inserting it. I chose Range over tune since I didn't want to have to refresh ECU back to stock before taking into GMC shop. My decision might have been different if I was out of warranty then I wouldn't care if the tune flash was installed or not.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I use the Range AFM Disabler on 2017 Yukon Denali. It is version 8.1 (I believe that's the most recent) and I bought directly from Range. I've been using it since February and it does what's advertised. Occasionally (maybe once every few weeks) on start up I'll get a CEL which is easily corrected by unplugging OBD device and re-inserting it. I chose Range over tune since I didn't want to have to refresh ECU back to stock before taking into GMC shop. My decision might have been different if I was out of warranty then I wouldn't care if the tune flash was installed or not.
thanks, that is the sort of thing I'm looking to avoid

I still have Powertrain warranty, the Bumper to Bumper expired in June. only 37k miles after 3+ years. I'm not going to mess with a product that doesn't work 100% out the box.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I use the Range AFM Disabler on 2017 Yukon Denali. I chose Range over tune since I didn't want to have to refresh ECU back to stock before taking into GMC shop.

Unfortunately, that is a very real consideration. It seems that, sooner or later, it will be in for warranty work.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I returned my range because of it throwing check engine lights. Worked for a week and then that nonsense started. Unplugged and restart truck usually fixed but one time it took 24 hours to clear. I ain’t got time for that.

Put on a cat back and the v4 is less noticeable.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I returned my range because of it throwing check engine lights. Worked for a week and then that nonsense started. Unplugged and restart truck usually fixed but one time it took 24 hours to clear. I ain’t got time for that.

Put on a cat back and the v4 is less noticeable.
Man that’s a pain. What year car and what version of the Range. I’m running v8.1 on 2017 Yukon Denali. The very few times (maybe once every 3 weeks) I get a CEL, unplug and plug clears it within 5 to 10 seconds.

rherbst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahhh, forgot about that... right....

So? @rherbst whadya get?
I got the right one. Sent it back because mine was old and they loaded new code (17 Tahoe). Still does not work right. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it does not. Emailed Range and they said they would send me a knew one. Three emails later. Not a word from Range. Nice waist for a couple hundred bucks.