AFM Delete - 5.3L LMG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to do a AFM delete kit (DoD Delete) on my 07 tahoe. Looking for suggestions for anyone that has done this delete in the past and has any suggestions.

I can find kits from places like Texas performance, but I feel like there is more to the kit than what they have to offer for parts. For example, if I am going to do this work, I want to put a more aggressive cam in it than the LY5 stock non-AFM cam, looks like they dont have the push rods in the kit, etc. What cam/heads would be a good option to install if I was going to be doing a lot of towing as well as daily driving?

To sum it up, I am going to be deleting the AFM as well as going the performance route... heads, long tubes w/3in exhaust, intake manifold, high-low oil pump, etc. Looking for some suggestions from anyone that has done the job in the past, what kits did you use, what cams, and were you pleased with how everything turned out after the job was done. Any and all suggestions welcome

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do a AFM delete kit (DoD Delete) on my 07 tahoe. Looking for suggestions for anyone that has done this delete in the past and has any suggestions.

I can find kits from places like Texas performance, but I feel like there is more to the kit than what they have to offer for parts. For example, if I am going to do this work, I want to put a more aggressive cam in it than the LY5 stock non-AFM cam, looks like they dont have the push rods in the kit, etc. What cam/heads would be a good option to install if I was going to be doing a lot of towing as well as daily driving?

To sum it up, I am going to be deleting the AFM as well as going the performance route... heads, long tubes w/3in exhaust, intake manifold, high-low oil pump, etc. Looking for some suggestions from anyone that has done the job in the past, what kits did you use, what cams, and were you pleased with how everything turned out after the job was done. Any and all suggestions welcome

Start here, from post #480: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-48

Pretty much everything will be answered, including part numbers and how-tos!