Advice on spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy4601

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about adding wheel spacers to my ‘02. I have aftermarket 20” wheels and would just like to give her a little bit of a wider stance. Nothing over the top. I’m thinking 1-1 1/2 “.

Anybody have any experience with this scenario? Any effects on ride or turning ability? Advice on brands, keeping one eye on quality and the other on budget?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran some 1.5" on mine for about a year that included lots of high speed and hard cornering. I then gave them to my brother for his slightly lifted 4WD Sierra, running Load Range "E" LT tires. They've now had about two years of use on that truck that includes a decent amount of towing. Never a problem. They were branded "DCUAUTO" on Amazon, $88.99 for the set of four, currently $118.99. I strongly advise you get hubcentric with any spacers you decide on. Ideally, you'd get some that match the hub bore of the aftermarket wheels if it's different than the factory GM diameter of 78.1mm. Clean the mounting surfaces thoroughly and torque them properly.

Spacers really only affect the feel of the turning since they alter the scrub radius. You'll only feel and/or hear it when turning sharply while barely moving. It's a very minimal and harmless affect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645