Advice on paint for bumper and wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome is hard to get stuff to stick to. Mine was scuffed with 80 grit then done with adhesion promoter, epoxy primer, base, then clear.

yea im gonna try all this and if all else fails im gonna just plastidip over it.

would you guys reccomend the exact product for the black paint on bumper? what yall think about this brand?

SEM 39143 Trim Black Aerosol - 15 oz.

what brand and exact can have yall seen with good results on alumnium rims for primer/black gloss paint? im very back and forth with these stuff hard to pick right stuff links would help alot :)

TheGreatGazoo

Reaction score
Wrap it. Lol. I have a new found love for wraps
What Bomber said.

Honestly, if you’re using a chrome part, I’d wrap it all day. Chrome doesn’t accept paint very well and the highway will destroy all your hard work one tiny chip at a time.

Reaction score
As you can see I installed aftermarket grille from eBay and painted the chrome grille surround black as well.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Depending on color you should wrap it. I wanted to wrap mine but nobody had a color in stock that would match my indigo blue metallic :(

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345