Adding some LTZ features to a 2012 Tahoe LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2012 Tahoe LS and I'm planning to upgrade the interior to include some of the features that you could option on higher trims. My current project is fog lights, since I have the parts. I installed the lamps themselves but I haven't done the wiring yet. I purchased the OEM control switch that includes the fog light switch, and I plan to wire them to that since I try to go for an OEM+ look. I bought this wiring harness from Amazon because I couldn't find an OEM one, and I'm wondering what I'll need to tap into on the controller side. I know I'll be connecting wires to the fusebox (I don't want to wire directly to the battery) and to ground, but how do I connect it to the switch? Alternatively, how was it wired from the factory and would it be possible to wire it that way?

Second, I want to install a garage door opener in the headliner (mine didn't come with a transmitter) mainly so I can control an exhaust cutout I plan to install later without needing to fish through my center console for a remote. Where could I buy the part and, more importantly, is it possible if it wasn't optioned in the factory?

Thanks in advance.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will chime in on the garage door opener add - My SSV (obviously) did not come with much in way of creature comforts - my old rig had the garage door opener and I missed it. So, I began looking through eBay for parts and the occasional scrap yard. There were several version depending on equipment such as gate lift, sunroof, and even a rare console from NNBS trucks that came with snow plow light control. I wanted something simple with just the garage door opener with no other accessories and finally found 1 in my interior color. The replacement appears to be a direct fit and worked out of the box.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu