Adding remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vollosso

Reaction score
Do they match yours? Gotta check the numbers to make sure it matches.

I ordered the ones that matched my options. The fob i have is a 4 button one so Im not sure if it matches. I called the dealer, gave them my VIN, and they said i needed "22951509" and i searched amazon for it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I ordered the ones that matched my options. The fob i have is a 4 button one so Im not sure if it matches. I called the dealer, gave them my VIN, and they said i needed "22951509" and i searched amazon for it.
I don't think a lot of people realize they need to do this.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'd MUCH rather just get a Viper 2-way alarm with remote start for about the same price. The labor would be a bit more than just programming a remote though. But since I know how to install those myself, it's easy for me to spend $225 on a good alarm with remote start and install it myself.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Viper turn on the climate control or just start the engine?
Viper's can do climate control, roll windows down, alarm system, open doors if you have that, start with your cell phone or use the factory fob to start. not to mention start with more then 2 15 min runtime's lol

Edit: forgot to thorw contols heated and cooled seats/steering wheels in their too

Last edited:

vollosso

Reaction score
id rather have the oem remote start. It does the climate control thing based off of outside temperature and the seat controls and so. Plus its integrated into the oem tcm.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id rather have the oem remote start. It does the climate control thing based off of outside temperature and the seat controls and so. Plus its integrated into the oem tcm.

Thats how the aftermarket Remote start distinguishes what the climate control does too,they have gotten soo intelligent in the last 10 years its scarry, they integrate with the BCM. i installed one a while back on a 06 3500hd Duramax, From his iphone he could start, see the out side and inside temps, idle up the engine, control hvac, seat heat and roll up and down the front windows. Not to mention the crazy alarm system.. bloody show trucks lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradwcampbell