adding keys in addition to a 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone do it? i need to get a couple inches out of the front of the HOE and theres no way im putting a body lift on it and the moneys not there to do the SFA swap at the moment.

the rear will be easy, just order 8" springs instead of 6" springs when i ditch the blocks.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they probably have a little left in them, but i'd rather put the right keys on it when i get around to the rear spring packs. (may just have to break down and do the 3/4 ton bars to see if it really works haha)

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got apicture of your CV angles? That will answer the question. Mine are just about level right now. Start cranking on them and the ride gets stiff and changes get better that you will bust a CV.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are pretty much straight at the moment. i start breaking axles and the SFA swap will be here a hell of alot sooner. haha

i'd like to be able to squeeze 38's on it without having to put a damn body lift on it or cut up the truck. if it comes to it i could live with 37's. not to many around rolling on more than 35's

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that 38s on a 10 wide wheel would be kinda tight. i know someone with 6" lift 2" bl on 37s and he says that he still rubs a little bit

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 35's rub a little on the fender flares and the very edge of the fender at full turn and turning on bumps. wheel offset needed to be moved a little.

im sure 38's aren't going to fit but who knows. i wouldn't mind trimmimng the front fenders a little

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trim the fenders a bit, my 35's rub every now and then until I broke out the saw. I'd saw you are safe to crank at least 1-1.5". How hard do you wheel the truck?

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with remodeling the house it hasn't gotten wheeled at all. can't afford to break anything at the moment. it won't ever get hardcore wheeled. to much money in the body to tear it up. (till it gets the SFA swap) for now its muddy fields and some better stuff every now and then.

can't trash the daily driver. but it does get dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE