adding keys in addition to a 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the crank to a minimum IMO, 1-1.5" max I think. I know you said no body lift, but what about a 2"? Take it off when you SAS it.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh i'll just stick to 35"s to keep a BL off of it. theres a few locally that have BL's on them and they just don't look that great. no back bumper brackets, and im not hacking mine up since it just got painted. that and the hitch hangs to low.

frame sag under the body= FAIL. hahaha

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good call, these things show enough frame already. I just spent 4 hours under mine painting the frame and wheel wells, came our real nice

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i painted mine last fall and it a huge difference on the look. which reminds me i have to touch it up where it got overspray on it from the rocker. add another task to the weekend list.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the paint made a world of difference. I want to do the rear and leafs next

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
eh i'll just stick to 35"s to keep a BL off of it. theres a few locally that have BL's on them and they just don't look that great. no back bumper brackets, and im not hacking mine up since it just got painted. that and the hitch hangs to low.

frame sag under the body= FAIL. hahaha

You dont have to cut the bumper up at all to make it fit right, but you minus well go with a couple inches on just cranking. Just pick up some ford keys or Maxx cam keys.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prep it, I scrubbed it with dish soap and a stiff bristle brush until it looked clean. I spray painted the wheel wells and brush painted the frame with semigloss rustolium if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157