Adding front reciever on LS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to add a front reciever so I can put a rod holder in front of my grill. Do you guys have any recommendations on a good bang for your buck product? Ideally, I want one that does not require drilling.

To anyone that installed one, did you leave your air dam on or off?

What about rod holders?

Would love to see some pics if anyone has done this.

Thank for your response.

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I was going to do this, I would go with something like this where you replace your tow hooks with receivers. That way you don't lower your ground clearance in the front.
15659_l.jpg

I was thinking the same thing about ground clearance. Didn't know about this style.

Only issue I see is compatibility. I'll see if there are any adapters out there.

Can you put tow hooks inside those recievers?

Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about ground clearance. Didn't know about this style.

Only issue I see is compatibility. I'll see if there are any adapters out there.

Can you put tow hooks inside those recievers?

Thanks

Inside the 2" receiver hole would be some very small hooks compared to what was installed there from the factory. Or do you mean hooks mounted to the side of the receiver?

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Inside the 2" receiver hole would be some very small hooks compared to what was installed there from the factory. Or do you mean hooks mounted to the side of the receiver?

I mean putting aftermarket recovery hooks inside the receivers.

My LS didn't come with fog lights or recovery hooks. I need to add both.

I just went on Etrailer and some other websites. So far all I've been able to find are single reciever mounts. They all require trimming of the air dam and drilling...... Also, they all reduce ground clearance. The price seems to be decent though, discounted to $130.

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz