Adding foglights to 1997 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a bug up my @$$ thinking I want to add this feature to my 1997 two door with barn doors.

I have the correct OEM switch and the proper verical mounting plate (barn doors so top two positions are blank, bottom is for fog lights)
Looking behind the dash there are three unused harnesses; one must be for rear wiper, one for rear hatch release and the third unused harness appears to have the correct plug(and pinned properly position wise) for the fog light switch.
A few questions:

1) Does anyone have the wire color chart for the fog light internal harness?
If this is in fact the in cab fog light harness, where would I find the other end of this harness, in the underhood convenience center?
I assume there is an additional harness needed that goes to the actual fog lights; got a pn from delaership but harness is NLA as are the actual fog lights and mounting buckets.

2) Does anyone have a line on this harness, lights and buckets??

3) Has anyone does this successfully?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tony

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes you are probably looking at the fog light switch harness. I have not got to in depth on this yet but the next step is to see if the fog light relay socket is all pinned out itself and then continue the same thru the bulkhead connector and follow the front end lighting harness along the left fender wall to see if provisioning made it that far.

The relay mounts to the convenience center below the dash. PM your email to receive diagrams.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

PM your email to receive diagrams.

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've decided to take a different approach. Was trying to procur the lights, harnesses and whatever else required one bit at a time. Just got burned with what I thought were OEM Tahoe foglights, turned out they were OEM foglights for a Esky and are non returnable.

Anyone have an OEM fogliight setup they're willing to sell for a OBS Tahoe?
Thanks,
Tbruz

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONE! :party52:

I ended up finding all the necesssary parts; mostly oem, with just an aftermarket bumper.
Here she is..

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne