adding fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tork'd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we have a 1999 tahoe lt..
living in the boonies it can be a foggy drive in the mornings to get to town..
i have seen a few tahoe Z71's with the fog lights in the front bumper..is this something that was only done on the Z71?
are the bumpers interchangable?
does the Z71 bumper come in chrome?
and can anyone tell me if they have done this swap and point to a source for the bumper?

i know this is a lot of questions and i have looked around for the answers first...my main purpose is to keep SWMBO safe on those foggy days...
any help??
thanx don

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Save up $900 and get this badboy replacement bumper
WiTahoe96r-653x489.jpg

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
You can mount some fog lights underneath your stock bumper, just buy some and wire them up. Drill hoes through the bumper underneath. Works just as good.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
hahaha. Sorry but to laugh yeah thats on a 1500 pickup. WISH it was on my hoe. It will be around January. I'm getting the rear bumper multicarrier though for christmas, gonna spoil myself =].
McSub2005dualswing-600x400.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

But yeah, just get some of the offroad lights from walmart and a heavy duty relay with a switch inside the cab. Make some measurements first drill away and then wire them.

OP
OP
T

tork'd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
blackcoffee..
well i'm not looking to be quite so commando...but it is a nice looking set-up..

350vortec...looking for a more "finished" look to the front...i thought about your way and then i spotted the front on a Z71 and changed my mind..

thanx for the suggestions ....don

Reaction score
hahaha. Sorry but to laugh yeah thats on a 1500 pickup. WISH it was on my hoe. It will be around January. I'm getting the rear bumper multicarrier though for christmas, gonna spoil myself =].
McSub2005dualswing-600x400.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

But yeah, just get some of the offroad lights from walmart and a heavy duty relay with a switch inside the cab. Make some measurements first drill away and then wire them.

opps! I thought it was a reflection mirror on the 2 door tahoe

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
we have a 1999 tahoe lt..
living in the boonies it can be a foggy drive in the mornings to get to town..
i have seen a few tahoe Z71's with the fog lights in the front bumper..is this something that was only done on the Z71?
are the bumpers interchangable?
does the Z71 bumper come in chrome?
and can anyone tell me if they have done this swap and point to a source for the bumper?

i know this is a lot of questions and i have looked around for the answers first...my main purpose is to keep SWMBO safe on those foggy days...
any help??
thanx don

Here, buy this last bumper on ebay z71 or tahoe limited bumper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160366770197&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
it will bolt directly up to yours. go under his name (ebay guy) buy some foglights and find the facotry harness and plug her in. Youll need the switch on the dash. i bought that bumper that i just showed you, its not painted yet. I think it looks better color matched.

Or you can buy that bumper in chrome from LMC truck and its like 160 bucks or something chrome.. everything bolts right up to it..

OP
OP
T

tork'd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AtomicHoe094...
thanx for the link..that is just what i'm looking for..
now to decide if i still what chrome or color match...
decisions decisions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca