Adding Factory CD Changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying, yes, I have researched this and read a bunch of previous posts and am still very unsure of the harness that is needed.

I have a 2006 Suburban with the factory Nav and overhead DVD. The model number of my Nav is 15800000 and the CD changer I have picked up is 15055250. Does anyone know the cable that will connect the 2?

I tried GM and their parts company, they told me that since it was not an option for my year that I would need to give them a VIN number of a vehicle that has what I am looking for. Lucky for me, i have a buddy with an 05 Denali with what looks to be my same nav unit, the over head and the 6 disc changer. I gave them his VIN and I was supplied with this part number 12102629.

So I went searching for this part, I found it on ebay and in the NOS description I do not see even his year vehicle. Now I know that this a pretty general cable but it sure doesnt look like it is all plug and play, I am going to have to splice into some factory wiring to make it all work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230546151058&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The CD changer I bought came with a cable and from the looks of it I can jus use what I have. The cable that was sent to me from the seller said it came from a 2004 Truck or SUV.

Here is my question, anyone out there have a 2006 with the same model number nav unit and have the CD changer or does it even matter?

Since the cable that I received was already "de-pined" on one end i am willing to try out this up so I need to know which wires I should connect up and should I to. I looks like I wont able to just plug and play.

Last edited:
OP
OP
riso79

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked great, I installed it a couple of weekends ago and it works like a charm. Thank you for the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia